Follow JMP on Facebook

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Laundry treasures



As a mom of 3 girls, I do laundry A LOT. I'm not good about checking each and every pocket before I put the clothes in the washing machine and I've ended up washing endless amounts of tissue, tanbark, and even my husband's wallet (surprisingly all the bills came out squeaky clean without a tear!). This week, I've been finding little trinkets at the bottom of the washing machine every time I did the laundry. I knew instantly that these must be K's as she has repeatedly told me that she "loves jewels and anything sparkly." I've been setting them aside and today I realized that I have a nice little collection. As soon as I brought them downstairs to photograph, my little K screamed, "those are mine! I put them in my pocket!" She let me take a picture and then proceeded to glue and tape each piece together. Being 4 and finding such great joy in the little things is precious. I hope we can all take the time to find a bit of happiness in the small details around us.

Edited to add: Ok, my husband read this and laughed hysterically at how corny I was being but it's true! Seriously- shouldn't we all take the time to appreciate the small stuff? ok, now he's really going to gag.

1 comment:

bella said...

janet, i know how you feel :)...the littlest things are what makes things so precious and its cute how our kids teach us that. :) hope you're enjoying your day!

p.s. i do so much laundry EVERY DAY! gosh, at least i know i'm not the only one...haha!

About Me

My photo
JMP focuses on journalistic style photography. The highlight is on laughter and passion a family feels naturally. JMP understands that each child is unique and aims to produce images that reflect that individuality. Yes, tantrums sometimes happen - and that is ok! Sessions can be held at the location of your choice - either at your home or other special location. Please view my website for more information.