Follow JMP on Facebook

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The photographer's kids...

get neglected! 

Everyone thinks that my kids must have a ton of pictures. The sad thing is that they often get left behind as I focus on work. I have a lot of snapshots of the kids but they actually don't get very many "professional portraits" from mommy. And when I do get a chance to do some shots with my slr, they stay in the digital black hole until I find some time to edit them. I always feel a pang of guilt when I create beautiful dol albums and slideshows for my clients. My poor kids don't have any of those things! Of course, I fantasize that I will create one for my youngest since her dol is coming up. But with the holiday season being my busiest time, I know that it will be just that - a fantasy. Also, I realize that if I do a full dol session with E and make an album, I would have to go back and dig up old pictures to create one for my other two daughters. And the reality? My other kids have maybe 20 pictures from their dol parties. Sigh...the cobbler's wife has no shoes? My kids have no pictures! 
Anyway, I realized today that my little E is almost 10 months old! I never took her 9 month portraits (guilt coming!) but I found a few shots that I took in the playroom a few weeks ago. And the one by the glass door? That's from this morning...right before she fell back and hit her head on the floor. More mommy guilt! 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
JMP focuses on journalistic style photography. The highlight is on laughter and passion a family feels naturally. JMP understands that each child is unique and aims to produce images that reflect that individuality. Yes, tantrums sometimes happen - and that is ok! Sessions can be held at the location of your choice - either at your home or other special location. Please view my website for more information.