Follow JMP on Facebook

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ellie's Dol Party

My friend, BL made these beautiful dol towers (dol go im) to coordinate with Ellie's dress.


My SIL, BC and I made these tissue paper flowers.



Yeah! A family picture of us. These are rare. 


My SIL, BC made this very elegant banner. 
Photo collage and doljabi board with photos from her 11 month session. 

My other SIL, SC made 150 cookies for the party favors. Yes, 150!!



After photographing so many dols for other families this year, it was finally Ellie's turn to celebrate her big day. Of course, being in November, I was extremely busy with work and didn't have much time to plan. Luckily, I have very talented friends and family! My sister in laws took care of the party favors and banner and my friend, B painstakingly made 4 dol towers for me! I loved all the purple colors and how elegant everything looked. Ellie was fighting a virus and had just gotten better the day of the party so she was stuck to my hip most of the night. I didn't get to take many shots during the party (but I did get some candids from my point and shoot camera!) so most of the detail shots above are from the day after at home. At least I was fair - all 3 of my girls don't have many pictures from their dol. Well, that's the life of a photographer's daughter!

1 comment:

bella said...

janet, ellie's dol was absolutely beautiful! thank you for letting us be a part of it. can't believe how fast eliza grew! she is such a cutie!

About Me

My photo
JMP focuses on journalistic style photography. The highlight is on laughter and passion a family feels naturally. JMP understands that each child is unique and aims to produce images that reflect that individuality. Yes, tantrums sometimes happen - and that is ok! Sessions can be held at the location of your choice - either at your home or other special location. Please view my website for more information.