Follow JMP on Facebook

Monday, January 24, 2011

Perfect pair of shoes




My little K has inherited her love of shoes from me. Ever since she could walk, she would look for the shoe dept and had so much fun trying on different pairs of shoes. K would rather play with shoes than with toys. She is a total girly girl and loves anything with sparkles, glitter, and jewels. She has a lot of hand me downs from her sister but I've succumbed to buying her shoes she doesn't need because, let's face it...who can resist shoes? And to see the happiness in her face when she brings home a new pair of shoes is priceless. This makes mornings really difficult as she sorts through all her shoes trying to pick a pair that suits her mood. I'm always telling her to just wear any thing but inside I totally understand her. :)
Last year, K spotted the most pinkest, sparkliest, princess shoes ever and instantly fell in love. She would not let go of the box and of course, it came home with us. She wore those shoes every single day and the mornings went so smoothly. As her feet grew and as the front of the shoes wore out, I begged her to wear other shoes but she always went back to these. They are retired now and I haven't had the heart to throw them out yet. Of course, she has replaced these with a new pair that are covered in multi-colored glitter. :)

I made the mistake of leaving these shoes in the house after I photographed them. After dinner, K saw them and proceeded to put them on and yell, "They're perfect!" I guess you can't come in between a girl and the perfect pair of shoes.

2 comments:

bella said...

awww- k is so cute! yes, who can resist the most perfect pair of shoes - no matter how old or worn, right? love her princess shoes...i'm sure your rock in them k! :)

JT said...

These shoe have real personality. You can see that they have gone through many places with the girl that wore them. I can just imagine the first time with a princess outfit, then later on with blue jeans on a playground structure. These pair of pictures really tell a lovely story.

Great job Janet. Bokeh is really nice too. They are a perfect pair.

About Me

My photo
JMP focuses on journalistic style photography. The highlight is on laughter and passion a family feels naturally. JMP understands that each child is unique and aims to produce images that reflect that individuality. Yes, tantrums sometimes happen - and that is ok! Sessions can be held at the location of your choice - either at your home or other special location. Please view my website for more information.